Transferring your domains to us is simple - just follow these guidelines:
IMPORTANT: Before you start the transfer you must ensure that the current administration contact email address is valid and that the person receiving email at that address knows that they must respond to emails about the transfer.
- Contact your existing provider and tell them that you would like to transfer out your domain name.
- The administration contact will receive an email from OpenSRS with instructions on how to confirm the transfer.
- Once confirmed it will take only 24 HOURS to become active if you are transferring from 123-reg or UKREG. With other providers it may take up to SEVEN DAYS.
- You may also receive another email from the current registrar. If you do you should read this very carefully as it may contain instructions for you to authorise the transfer away from them.
- We charge a 'one-off' fee of �10 to transfer in a Global Domain name but please note that some providers may charge their own exit fee when you transfer a domain away from them.
Please note that domain names registered, renewed or transferred with the past 60 days aren't eligible for transfer. This applies to all domain regsitries and is not optional.
The transfer must not be prohibited by the existing registrar. If the domain name in WHOIS says "locked" or "client transfer prohibited", this means that the domai name is currently configured to be non-transferrable, this is normally done to prevent accidental or fraudulent transfer requests. If this is the case then you need to contact the existing registrar. To complete the transfer you will normally require an authorisation code.